Friday, July 14, 2006

The Gypsy Curse.
When my last husband lost his job he was three months from tenure. He was recovered from Hodgkins Disease but they said they were cutting back. When the president of the company's son (age 21) took over Dan's job (Dan was 47) I got mad. Dan tried to prove discrimination but that never got off the ground. So it was necessary for me to focus my anger on his company by what is now known in our family as the Gypsy Curse.
Within a short time his immediate boss fell over by the copy machine dead. We went to his wake.
The company went into bankruptcy.
The president died.
That was enough for me. I never inquired as to the 21 year old replacement. I was too appalled at the results of my own power.
My son married a woman after a brief internet pretend relationship. A few months later I got a call.
'Mom I need you to do that Gypsy Curse thing."
"That's just our family joke."
"Just do it."
I couldn't but I did go with him to get his divorce and she wouldn't look me in the eye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home