Sunday, July 16, 2006

I had a good day Friday. A nice fellow delivered my monthly groceries and I got all the perishables stowed away. He placed the rest of the $200. order on a bench in the breezeway. I've always enjoyed cooking but because my health is declining am trying to eat prepared food. One advantage is you don't have to open a dozen shrink wrapped packages.
I keep all manner of implements in my kitchen to force open sealed packages. A vise to open bottles. A box cutter to cut through plastic. Wrenches and jar holders and grippers. My kitchen looks like a garage.
I scrambled eggs enough for three breakfasts to alternate with oatmeal for the weekend. I foot mopped the floor by the sink that kept sticking to my feet. In the past this would have indicated a need to mop but lately pushing a wet rag around puts off that chore for awhile.
My highlight was reading the blogs and working the AARP jigsaw puzzle. A friend from high school called to share several stories about calamities that happened to people we know. My dear neighbor Archie schmoozed with me on the front porch about the drought. I arranged my medications for allergies and restless leg syndrome, pleased that a three month supply was stockpiled.
So when I went to the breezeway to pull out a box of caramel popcorn to munch on I was surprised to find myself down on the rough brick floor and unable to get up. Five hours later I was rescued. (See www.queenmediocretiaof suburbia.typepad.com for the made for t.v. description.) But other than the fall it was a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home