Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Dan's azalea is dead.
In 1990 I sprinkled a couple handfuls of his "cremains" under the vivid pink flowering bush I planted outside the family room window. The rest were shipped to the family burial grounds at Prairie HIll. His mother wanted him in the ground between his father and her. He would have made a face at that but I honored her wishes. Just kept the smallest amount of him planted close for whimsey.

I never expected that bush to die. It is six feet from a PJM Rhododendron planted by Q about that time. If you stood Dan up where the azalea bush was planted and knocked him over on his side his head would be in the rhododendron. That dang plant is flourishing.

Sedum will fill in the azalea area once the dead bush is gone. I can only hope Dan's ashes shifted somehow and are nourishing the PJM. Maybe his spirit stood up and was knocked over onto the nearby bush. But it is more likely Mother Maybelle got to St.Peter and learned I had separated her son at death.

5 Comments:

At 8:26 PM , Blogger the queen said...

Well, I felt like that after Grandceil tree #1 died. What we have to do is plant another azalea there.

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger Wolf Woman said...

Dear Queen Mum. I've been reading your blog today trapped in my hotel room. And I realize I am right in your town, almost. Till Saturday. In fact, I have been on Howdershell Road this AM. I live out east. My husband works near the airport, flies to work every week. (And thinks he's Superman.) I found you via a blog linked your daughter's blog, which brought me to you. And here I am. A faithful reader now. Cyber-fate. (Can I call you when I need the curse?)

 
At 3:44 PM , Blogger Queen_Mum said...

I have read and enjoyed your blog as well. Were you here for the storm? I am currently residing at the Castle as there has been no power at my cottage for five days. As soon as I return a full expose will be written about my treatment here. Sniff.

 
At 9:03 PM , Blogger Wolf Woman said...

Yes, Queen. I was there for Storm II's power outage. I've since fled. Gone toward the light.

 
At 2:27 PM , Blogger Wolf Woman said...

Hurry, QM. I need an update. Please. (Now that I'm home where there's power and light, and I can "blurk" to my heart's content.)

I believe Rebecca's cats have not yet eaten her. But hurry. Just in case.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home