Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I hate sympathy but even more I hate the blank look I see in professional medical folks eyes as they try to move me along their referral chain. No matter what my ailment the one I'm visiting can't deal with it. But some other fellow miles away may have the answer. "But you're my doctor," I whine. "Why won't you help me?" Blank look.

I put off calling for appointments as long as possible and am surprised when I do call and there is a three month wait.
Looking up phone numbers usually involves putting my blind nose next to the phone book to get the number. Then dialing the wrong number. Then getting in a pick the option merry-go-round. Phooey.

Friends give me the blank look too. They want a solid diagnosis with cure at the end. Why am I so cranky? Circling the drain takes much longer than I would have expected. And what I wear as an animated expression looks cranky to some. But no one mistakes it for blankness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home