Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Watched Six Feet Under last night on Bravo channel. They show you three shows back to back which I can't stay up for. They show them again Saturday morning so I can catch up on the ones aired past my bedtime on Monday nights.

I like the fact they dub epithets in the actors actual voice. You can see what they really are saying by reading their lips but you don't have to hear it. This suits me. I don't like curse words. it shows ignorance of language. An inability to communicate. Similarly "you know" "ahhh" "like" and so forth are tiresome.

The show constantly interests me. Currently the mother has married James Cromwell (character actor in "Babe"). He is shown demonstrating how to use a ceramic "nettie pot" which irrigates the sinus with salt water. I have heard about this device and had no idea what it looked like. It is like a gravy boat. Question answered.

I watched "Amazing Race" after Sixty Minutes. I'm going to give it a try but I'm thinking it's a little too hectic for my taste. Or maybe it is the music.

2 Comments:

At 2:08 PM , Blogger ~~Silk said...

This Amazing Race is an "all-stars" version. All the teams have raced before, and they know what to expect, so it will move faster than usual. I like it better when we see more interaction in the countries they go through.

I don't much care for any of the all-star versions of any of the reality shows. There's often too much arrogance. (Speaking of arrogance, I intensely dislike Rob and Amber, the pair who came in first, and their presence this season has destroyed the show for me. They cheat a lot.)

 
At 11:06 AM , Blogger Queen_Mum said...

I watched Survivor when Rod and Amber hooked up for a million dollars. Cheating and arrogance seem to be part of the game. We always preached "Justice will triumph" to our kids and believed it. Not sure what kind of message reality shows are sending.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home