Sunday, February 11, 2007

Jumping back into the Blogosphere without a GOOD story to tell.

Every day in January was measured out by television programing time. The same for meals. Lucky for me I seldom watched television until the century turned so many things are new. There are marathons on holidays so you can fill in any gaps that happened when the phone or a visitor disturbed your tv experience.

I have breakfast with The View. They all talk at once and I amuse myself by using closed captioning to see what they are saying. The poor soul who is writing the captions has a confusing time of it but does better than I would. At noon I listen to NPR's Fresh Air if it isn't on during fundraising week. NPR is set on all the house radios... six and one is left on at all times in the garage.

When I used to garden I started leaving it on because most of the tools were stored in the garage. I guess it was company. Now other people pass through the garage and they are unnerved by the unexpected voices. I speculate maybe a criminal would be.

My beautician calls on Tuesdays to tell me she is coming to do my hair and I use the garage door opener to lift the door for her from inside the warm house. She has been coming here for four weeks. Next week we will try a sink permanent. She has set up a darling little mini beauty shop in a rolling cart where she stores her blower,curling iron,shampoo and other supplies. I feel so lucky to have her go to all this trouble for such miserable hair.

Hold on! Beautician coming to your home? GOOD thing.

3 Comments:

At 8:31 PM , Blogger ~~Silk said...

Nice to "see" you again. May I recommend The Amazing Race? There's a new race starting next Sunday. They do the running, and we get to enjoy the scenery.

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger ~~Silk said...

The View: Jay discoved that show back in 1999, and we used to watch it all the time. I haven't watched it much since Rosie came on, though. I used to like her when she had her own talk show, but since she's been on (has taken over!) The View, The View has changed. She is too loud, annoys me, and somehow the tone of the show has changed. It doesn't feel pleasantly "chatty" any more. (Or maybe I just sampled it at exactly the wrong times - but I can REALLY do without those production numbers!)

 
At 7:52 AM , Blogger Wolf Woman said...

Welcome back, QM! (courtsey)
House calls from your hairdresser are a VERY good thing! Stay warm and keep the voices going in your garage. I am a View fan, myself, though I agree that Rosie has ruined the show. Meredith and Star Jones were my favorites. Joy is annoying, and Barbwa is totally awful. Cheers! YAY. Glad you're back.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home