Monday, December 25, 2006

Yesterday was pleasant and I got several calls of good wishes. I meant to make my own calls but the phone was too heavy.
The lady across the street (whom I have not visited with since I stopped mowing my own lawn) came over to catch up. Her daughter just had a baby on December 7. She is still living at home with the child. I said I thought it was great that she blew off the whole get married have babies get a divorce and get saddled with deadbeat dad b.s. This way she can get on with her education and career. Plus there's a grand baby to play with. Don't think my neighbor had looked at it this way but she was pleased.

Friend Hank has visited on Christmas Eve for many years. Last year he brought a lady friend without letting me know. And she took my picture! I was so embarrassed to be caught with my hair uncombed. I mentioned it to someone who repeated it to Hank. So this year he called first and they came later with a box of chocolates.

I baby sat with Hank's dog Daisy when Sue and he took motorcycle trips, so I was sad to hear Daisy died at age 16. Hank buried her at his place at Lake of the Ozarks and made a headstone. She was the sweetest rat terrier that ever lived.

David called to see if I had "my new phone" yet. The family in Albuquerque he is close to just had a terrible tragedy. Their 22 year old son committed suicide last week. David said "Don't worry mom. I'll never do that to you."

Spell count: Sunday 4:30 pm 6 pm. In the comfy electric chair. Weird electrical feeling then numb hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home