Saturday, December 23, 2006

Yesterday the social workers had breakfast here and Penny stayed to drive me to my Occupational Therapy evaluation across town. Sue had left orders I was not to dress. Just put pants on beneath my caftan. Not how I like to be seen in public but certainly easy.

Penny filled out the long questionaire and was practically in my lap during the 2 hour session. Although she has known me 36 years this is the first time she observed my defects first hand. Fortunately there was a burn victim in the area who diverted her attention.

The therapist had me try a mobile arm support that attaches to a table or wheelchair. Under $500. I ate some pudding using it. Just the ticket for my needs. Figuring out the mechanics of where to order it and who got to pay for it fell to Penny and the therapist, Amanda.

When we got home Penny got on the phone and in a short time got people moving and shaking. She is a wonder.
Spell report: Thursday 5 pm Friday 6 pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home