Tuesday, December 26, 2006

This year Ellen made a quiche which was wonderful. She was surprised to see a lighted jeweler's loupe as her present. I ordered it from Widgets.com. Owning a Breathalyzer AND diamond viewer should keep her busy at parties.

I got many delicious things to eat. An aqua cordless can opener, hand soap dispenser and personal shower brush scrubber. A complicated spoon feeder that would look good to a non-disabled person but I knew instantly wouldn't work for me. I did try it. A GE analogue speaker phone.

I had a spell in their presence at 3:30 pm and after they left at 6 pm. As I was writing this it happened at noon accompanied by a full arm tremor.

The O.T. girl called to say she would begin the process to get me the mobile arm support. First a letter must go to Medicare. Since the support isn't "coded" it will be denied. Then that denial will be sent to my insurance, First Health, who have said verbally they will pay it but only if it is ordered from Health Link who won't order it until Medicare denies it.

Everyone I've talked to thinks I should buy it up front which means I could get it quicker. But insurance would not reimburse me if I do not go their convoluted path. It would put Tiny Tim in tears but not this hardened State bureaucrat.

2 Comments:

At 2:16 PM , Blogger Wolf Woman said...

So, QM, is it maybe time for that myelogram thing? or some other proactive medical intervention? You must be weary of it all, but I suspect your feistiness will stand you in good stead. And I worry. Isn't it time to call the dr. again? Huh?

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger Queen_Mum said...

I have found if you fall and break something they put you in the hospital and test your buns off. That's as proactive as I get.
Oh. And I've been writing a letter in my head to my cadre of doctors.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home