Saturday, July 29, 2006

I am a product of modern civilization.
I returned yesterday from a nine day exile at the Castle. Q drove me home Herself and re-provisioned my larder. King Gary wanted to come along but the Niece and Nephew and the Royal dog needed him to remain with them to provide for their specific and expensive tastes.

The chamber I slept in had at least 6 machines that flashed red, green, blue and white lights all night long. During the day all the machines in the place played a cacophony of sounds. There were analog and digital phones ringing and talking. ("Pick up. It's me. Can you hear? It's the phone.") There was a Blackberry and two cell phones and a pager. All made different noises. Plus the dryer buzzer and the Royal dog alerting the troops of imminent danger to the household.

Five hours on the silent floor or nine days at the reverberating Castle. Which would I choose? The place with air conditioning.

3 Comments:

At 8:19 PM , Blogger Wolf Woman said...

It's about time, QM. Your kingdom, er, that is, your queendom, awaits.

 
At 9:51 PM , Blogger Queen_Mum said...

Oooh, I am loving these comments. Much better responses to my efforts than ex-husband gave.

 
At 12:52 PM , Blogger the queen said...

Of course, now that you've drawn it to my attention, I do have a lot of noises in my house. Yesterday it was Roomba beeping in the basement and Scooba beeping upstairs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home