Friday, October 13, 2006

I learned early not to cross the King. I treat him like royalty and he has been a wonderful son-in-law. When I was at the Castle in July Q sliced the ball of her thumb severely and bandaged it. The next day the King demanded she rip off the gauze and put Neosporin on the wound. She wanted to soak the bandage off but he said she was delaying action and willfully ignoring him.

It had been a full 24 hours since the injury so I inquired as to the rush for action. And he yelled at me! I have never been yelled at ever in my life. He later explained to Q that he had to "speak sternly" to the Queen Mother. The Neosporin contained a pain reliever so the pain she might feel ripping off the bandage was negated by the ultimate benefit.

I wish they made Neosporin for feelings because I could have used a big gob about then. But now Q has a healed thumb and the King has forgotten how he spoke sternly to me.

About a year ago he was lopping off a branch with Craftsman loppers and a ratchet type thing flew off and he pronounced the tool dead. But wait. Had he not insisted I only buy Craftsman tools because they would be replaced free by Sears if proven defective? Never. And he went out and bought two trendy Fiskar tools with electric blue handles.

Yesterday I asked Sue to stop by the Sears store to see about their policy. They said to pick out a new pair and leave the old ones. No paperwork. New for old. And the new ones have lemon yellow handles.

Mwahahaha. Not that anybody won or anything. The King has no memory of yelling or tool trading. But I feel washed in Neosporin.

2 Comments:

At 9:12 AM , Blogger Mershy said...

He actually said Neosporin contained a pain reliever? *belly laughing*

 
At 1:42 PM , Blogger the queen said...

He was yelling and you happened to be in the room. Not yelling at you. Sometimes when I want a little fun I completely misinterpret what he is yelling. "MY IPOD IS BROKEN,DAMNIT!" "Your toe is broken?" "IPOD!" "How did you break your toe, honey?" It's fun. You should try it next time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home