Saturday, September 30, 2006

I seldom leave the house but yesterday was the last chance to get the emissions test and license stickers for the 14 year old Sable.

The longer I put things off the more I dramatize in my head awful scenarios of what might go wrong. It took an hour to get out of bed, another hour to prepare and eat breakfast and yet another hour to get dressed. It was 62 degrees out but I had to eschew socks because even the adaptive sock appliance couldn't get them on my feet.

I gathered cell phone,money,protein snack bar,documents and when I drove off it began to rain. This cheered me because the car was so dusty from sitting in the garage it was like a free car wash. I do right turns best so I plotted my route so that it was all rights.

When I tried to talked to the guy in charge he was not interested in my cautions so it gave me a great satisfaction when the low effort power steering warning siren began screeching like a colossal smoke alarm. Heh heh. Fortunately a girl drove it out and did not slam the power seat so far back it wouldn't go forward. Of course it passed.

Police were gathered up the road due to a minor accident but I was buckled up and had two more days on my old stickers before they could nab me. I made a complete circle of the route, going home with totally right turns. I went directly home to use the bathroom and plot out my trip to the license bureau when I ran out of steam. Plus my toes were cold.

So now I have two days to agonize over what might go wrong at the license place. And by the way the emissions test was $24.00. The two year sticker $55.00. And gasoline under $2.00 a gallon some places.
Life in the Midwest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home