Thursday, September 28, 2006

My domino world is collapsing as I write. I was so encouraged by the appearance of Tabitha I placed a large order for groceries to be delivered today. Progresso soups, Pasta Voila!, roasted top round, yogurt etc. to be delivered between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.

The first domino clattered when I tried to drain the bathroom sink. The stopper was up but the water was pooled. Could Tabitha have clogged it? But it has always drained slowly. Today must have been building up for a year. The only thing that goes in that sink is soap, toothpaste and spit. I don't do hair things in there.

I went looking for the newest plumber number. Not in the card file, personal book or miscellaneous book. Not in the yellow or white pages that my squinting eyes could find. This guy was referred to me by my furnace guy. I have never actually used his services but he lives in the area and I like that image. "Hi neighbor! Got a teensy little drain problem. Could you take a peek on your way home?" Plumber was put on "hold for healing" status when the sink emptied after a mere four hours.

I set the next domino in motion by only having a glass of V-Fusion for breakfast. My thinking was I would eat good things when the Shnucks delivery came. At 2 p.m. I had an apple. By the time he waddled in I had to ask him to put the perishables away for me. He did it so agreeably I suspect he would have done it before if I had asked.

When I settled down to read Rebecca's blog it had VANISHED. Thankfully WW gave me a bone to chew on.

Someone told me about a meal delivery system called Seattle Sutton. I looked it up and the meals sound wonderful. Fresh...not frozen. I'll be looking into this after I get all the dominos swept up.

4 Comments:

At 9:07 PM , Blogger ~~Silk said...

Rebecca left a comment in my journal that her blog was going away, but that she'd be back. I hope it just means she was unhappy with old content. I hope she's ok.

(I am embarrassed by some of my past entries, from back when I was feeling very hurt, but I figure that is what it was at the time, so I'm leaving it. But journals serve different purposes for different people....)

 
At 4:59 AM , Blogger Becs said...

Check out http://becsagain.blogspot.com. It may seem familiar.

 
At 7:29 AM , Blogger Wolf Woman said...

Yes, our Becs is back. Now if she would only start posting we could get our daily fixes. (ahem) Meanwhile, I'm so glad to have provided the bone to tide you over. I need to be needed. Thank you. :-)

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger Wolf Woman said...

Never mind. I found Becs postings at last. Enjoy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home