Saturday, September 16, 2006

Alas. Tabitha did not call or make an appearance. I am reminded of Son of Black Cloud during his years of seeking employment. He would hear of a job and ponder the idea a couple days. Sort of try it on in his mind. Then he would speculate on what the salary might be and determine his own worth. By the time he went for an interview he had already hired himself and was ready for promotion. The entry level jobs took too long to achieve his goal which was to receive a paycheck without actually leaving the house.

I think this is where Tabitha is right now. She probably doesn't have transportation or reliable day care. I understand how this works. And cleaning someone's house? What a comedown for a medical center receptionist. I tidied and dusted most of the day. Really felt I'd improved things even though there was no deep cleaning going on. Maybe I should put Tabitha on retainer to call me now and then and propose doing a good housecleaning. She wouldn't have to come. I'd pay her to be my tidy motivational speaker. But I draw the line at benefits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home