Monday, September 11, 2006

I've never understood why people curse. There are a thousand better words to describe what they are feeling. Why go for the common expression?

When I was little I stomped my foot rebelliously and said "I don't give a hell!" I was so embarrassed it didn't come out right. I was ridiculed for not knowing how to parse a proper curse. I never got over it.

Apparently my children curse behind my back. Q thinks the S expletive is more acceptable to me than the F bomb. Not so. Neither one is pertinent to the situation it is used to describe. Using either shows ignorance.

Teenagers were walking in a mall I was at and talking loudly. Mostly expletives. They just wanted to talk and didn't have the vocabulary to do it. Pathetic.

I understand when you get really, really mad you want to communicate that to someone. Sometimes cursing makes a point. But bleep bleep it people don't bleep for the bleep of it.

1 Comments:

At 8:00 AM , Blogger Wolf Woman said...

This is why I could never get through an episode of "Deadwood" (HBO). It's one long bleepin' F bomb from start to finish. But Tool Man and friends think it's rather Shakespearean. Go figure.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home