Friday, September 29, 2006

I had a magazine article writing professor who said people didn't want to read about disabled people. He based this statement on his own inability to sell an article he wrote on hearing problems to Reader's Digest. All the proposals I submitted to him were shot down and I withdrew from his course. This meant I couldn't graduate in June and had to stay over the summer and graduate in August. THIS meant I was flung into the arms of Black Cloud and out of writing.

Actually, one of the articles the prof wasn't accepting of was published by an Alumni magazine. Not Reader's Digest but it was glossier. Most of the courses I took in school got me grades and friendships but nothing that increased my knowledge. My mother was my best teacher. Both good and bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home