Sunday, October 15, 2006

I've always been a worrier. When I worked I played out the days events over and over in my mind until I dropped off to sleep. When I retired I learned to think about the same thing every night if I wanted to sleep.

Originally I would win the Lotto. Then I would divvy the money up and share it with friends and family. This got so boring I would drop off to sleep quickly. Then people in my head started complaining. "Sure, she gave us a house but who will pays the utility bills?" So drifting off to sleep became harder. Ungrateful wretches.

Next I wrote a complete script for a Seinfeld show. It became so hard to write the same script in my head over and over I decided to write the Seinfeld Opera. A rhyming score is easier to replicate. But I hadn't realized that Elaine Benice could be such a bitch. Scheming, uncooperative diva. I had to replace her with myself. I knew the score. ZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Waking up early never bothered me. Thoreau said "I awake with the dawn in me." Then a sleep test showed my legs doing the boogaloo all night long. I was diagnosed with restless leg syndrome and they gave me a drug called Requip. I knew my muscles were sore when I woke up but until the test didn't give it much thought since I slept through it.

Lately the Requip needed some backup support and they added Neontin. That works so effectively I may never get the Seinfeld opera completed. And Kramer has such a powerful Gomer Pyle aria in the second act.

1 Comments:

At 3:25 PM , Blogger Becs said...

Ooh, I wonder what a little Ambien would do for you? Surely there's a part for NNnnewman in it....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home