Saturday, October 21, 2006

Social Workers brought breakfast yesterday. They enjoyed a 30 minute hike around the neighborhood while I made the coffee.

I have a white round pedestal table in the kitchen. When there are four of us the conversation flows. There were five yesterday and we kept splitting up into sub groups. I hate that. I want to be a part of All of it. This means I'm inattentive to both groups of conversation while trying to sift out what is being said.

I had asked Sue to keep a look out for a wide straw that I might use for soups. She came in with a six foot long pvc pipe that she hacksawed into 6 inch "straws". I gamely tried it out on water but it was like trying to siphon gasoline out of a tank. The pump needed priming. Penny browbeat a Pannera employee for 25 latte staws for her "poor little friend" and negotiated to purchase 1000 at a later date. I haven't sipped that much soup in my life much less my golden years.

Sue brought 7 dinners in Rubbermaid containers. I have not bought Rubbermaid products for years because I was unable to manage opening them. She knew this but said these would be easier and she was right. They are easier to open. She is a good cook and that afternoon I had spinach ravioli with meat sauce. Delicious.

Penny and Sue have found a woman who has a niece who would provide personal care for me. They are ready to sign her up. But a step like that is major and I had to ask them to back off. I have to get my head around the concept first. After they left I ran the dishwasher and went back to bed for three hours. Looking in a mirror of your
daily life can be tiring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home