Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Yesterday I wrote a long piece on my trip to the post-polio doctor. Then the processor made a burbling sound and Blogspot ate everything up.

Today I wrote about that and started something else about Halloween. My arm twitched and the computer went "thunk" and that was gobbled up also. I know all about saving but this is ridiculous.

I read other people's blogs daily. They are my morning cup of coffee. They write about their real life. They are not posers. But the next time they miss a post I'm going to be less inconvenienced. Maybe Blogspot gobbled them too.

3 Comments:

At 5:47 PM , Blogger ~~Silk said...

Blogger sometimes eats my stuff, too. If I'm writing a long post that I have to think about, I write it in a script file, then copy (CTRL-C) and paste (CTRL-V) it to Blogger. If it's a short one, I just do (CTRL-C) every so often. Usually it's not Blogger, though. It's my rotten ISP that goes down.

 
At 5:47 PM , Blogger ~~Silk said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger ~~Silk said...

And sometimes I press "publish", and it comes back and says it didn't do it, so I "publish" again, and it goes --- and then I find I have two identical posts - or comments. That's why I deleted the above comment. Identical. Said it didn't go the first time ("document contains no data").

Twice is better than none, I guess.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home