Thursday, February 22, 2007

I'm not used to doctors calling my home after dark. The neurologist who called last night said I had pinched nerves in both wrists and should start using Nurontin during the day. I didn't ask him the sensible questions others later asked me. He said I did not need to make a followup appointment. Goodbye!

At my initial visit he asked me to remember goofy things. Dalmatian, menu,basketball. I imagined a Dalmatian sitting on a basketball reading a menu. But when I was asked to recall the words later I missed one. Now of course they are filling up valuable real estate in my brain. I can't forget them. And no future opportunity with Dr. Neurologist to casually drop into the conversation a witty reference about the spotted dog who could balance on balls and read menus. Another artery filled with medical debris.

I see the polio rehab/physiatrist next week. He is also a night caller. But i'll be ready. One reference to Dalmatians and I'm hanging up my basketball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home