Saturday, February 24, 2007

Yesterday was the first day this week I did not have professional help coming. These folks have just about worn me out.

They call a lot. Usually the night before or morning of the appointment. They come at times I have other things I prefer to do like fix breakfast. They make work for me such as going to the door (they don't want it left open for them) and locking it when they leave.

They use extra towels and washcloths on me which I have to launder. They clutter up my kitchen table with their logs and folders. They will finish up their Medicare financed assignment next week. It has been helpful because now when I hire someone for personal care I know what to ask for.

This morning I made a big pot of Columbian coffee. I added half and half and sweetener to the pot. I have some little pint glass bottles that at one time held Starbucks frappachino. I filled those using a funnel then capped and refrigerated them. I don't resent drinking coffee from a straw if is prepared this way.

I made a big bowl of oatmeal in the microwave. I used half and half instead of water. I ate one serving and refrigerated three. All this preparation took 2 1/2 hours. I emptied and filled the dishwasher and by noon was able to go to the computer and read the Queen's blog. This is always the highlight of my morning. The treat I love to chew on the rest of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home