Monday, October 23, 2006

When I came home from the hospital after surviving polio in 1949 I had many visitors. It became quite a chore cheering those sad eyed folks up. But people couldn't handle a negative me. So I became attuned to the needs of my visitors and through the years made them laugh and forget how sad looking at me made them feel.

Apparently I have lost this ability. The Friday breakfast which I found very entertaining was not seen that way by everyone. They thought I was angry at them. It's hard to respond to people who think you are mad when you are just being you. I don't want to have to put on a phony cheerful face to people who should know better. I don't know if I have the grace to make the effort. Do people still "get mad" at people outside of high school?

In the meantime Tabitha made an appearance and did a bang up job of cleaning house. I complimented her on turning off her cell phone while she was here and she appreciated the credit. I may invite her for breakfast next time. At least she knows what makes me happy and what makes me mad.

1 Comments:

At 8:13 PM , Blogger Becs said...

Yeah, if you're happy, you're in denial. If you're sad, you're bitter. I've had to learn how to smile inanely because people think I'm always mad. That was one thing I like about Paris - no one goes around grinning like a fool all day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home