Tuesday, February 27, 2007

While eating my oatmeal this morning I watched a young white boy sing a song from Dream Girls. He sang so loud and hard I wondered he might injure himself. I like gospel singing but it seemed odd coming from such a little peanut fellow. He was discovered on U-tube.

In my teens we liked Eddie Fisher. At the height of his popularity we went to a performance at the Fox. Everyone began screaming. I was surprised to find myself screaming too. It went on the whole performance. We drowned out Oh My Papa. He introduced his fiancee Debbie Reynolds who was seated in the audience. We screamed louder. Afterwards I realized how dumb it was to pay to hear someone and not listen.

The little fellow who sang the Dream Girl song will never be drowned out by his audience. But he's due for hernia repair if he keeps on singing like hefty black women.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home