Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bachelor Creeper

Q. figured out how to add pictures to my blog Saturday. I took careful notes because there is no rational way to remember the convoluted steps necessary to duplicate the procedure.Every weekend I will attempt to add another photo. One always does best by practice.

After I had upper and lower spinal fusion in 1989 I spent the next decade gardening and reading gardening books. I was dazzled by the plant descriptions and photos in those books. My place never measured up.

I had a rusted shed demolished and made plans for a simple pergola on the 9x12 concrete slab left behind. Carpenters in this area drew elaborate plans for gazebos but even when I showed them pictures they couldn't manage a pergola.

I had read of a new type of material made out of recycled plastic. I called around and found someone who knew about it. He came out and built a sort of house shell and attached trellis to it. The first strong wind the trellis became air born. After much puzzlement on his part he stopped taking my calls. I bought some metal S hooks and Q. hung the trellis on the rafters with them. From a distance it looks nice.

I planted many vines around the trellis house. The only one that survived was an ornamental kiwi. He doesn't bloom or bear fruit. To do so would require a Female kiwi. I bought him two. Mr. Kiwi did not provide for either Mrs. Kiwi and both ladies died. Currently he lives a bachelors life by a corner post without mate or progeny. I have yet to view his "pink and white variegated foliage....a charmer on trellis, posts or walls."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home