Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Queen accompanied me to the Physical Terrorists office Tuesday. PT appeared to need a translator for MomSpeak. The issue of making atrophied muscles work didn't come up. She has apparently lost interest in bringing right arm back to life.

An exercise regime was developed for walking through the house twice a day for 3 minutes. Just walking to the bathroom takes care of that. Another is flopping my left forearm over and under and up and down. Shoulder shrugs were instituted. Something like 10 or 20 repetitions or twenty for ten. I forget exactly.

I get bored with keeping track of repetition statistics. I am easily distracted from the count. Maybe I could ask myself questions on my 3 minute walkabouts to the bathroom and shrug when I don't have the answers. The flopping fore arm has no productive purpose.

When I had polio and was 100% paralyzed the first movement that came back was my left forearm. "Look at this," I'd say "It's back." By the time my parents arrived at the hospital I had worn it out. But they believed me and were encouraged.

They never expected I'd live to 70 much less be doing exercises to develop my biceps.

1 Comments:

At 7:34 PM , Blogger Rhea said...

Isn't it great that you can beat the odds?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home