Thursday, April 05, 2007

When my daughter writes so freely about subjects that in the fifties were not discussed, I wonder. "How did she get so confident and open?" I can only remember two things that happened to me that I didn't dare tell my mother. When Dan and I were dating at the University we spent 30 minutes in his Plymouth kissing good night at the end of a date. He was only the second fellow I had dated and kissed in a car. I don't believe I had been educated in the physiological changes that occur in a man when aroused. So the kissing part was what I was developing my expertise in when Whoops! his hand shot under my skirt and up my thigh.

"A pass!" I squawked. I was delighted. "Let's go back to the dorm right now."
"Are you mad?" he asked.
"Not in the least. I want to tell everyone at the dorm someone FINALLY made a pass at me." And I did. He never tried it again nor did anyone else. I failed in the repeat pass department. Squawking must affect the male condition somehow.

Fast forward 10 years one ex-husband and two children and a reunion and marriage to Dan. I got a job as a social worker and presented a case study to a group of dignitaries and juvenile court commissioners. When I got back to the office one of the commissioners called me to compliment me on the presentation. I was proud. But he kept complimenting me until I had a dim thought he wanted something. He had lots of questions about where I hung out and where we might meet again.

During the questioning I mentioned my husband and children and I went to the library a lot. Eventually it dawned on me he was interested in ME. I blushed from my toes up. A coworker saw me and asked who I was talking with to upset me so. I should have squealed " A pass. Some little fart made a pass!" But that was the seventies and I felt I had given the wrong signal when I presented my case. Sincerity must be a turn on to Juvenile Commissioners. Another lesson learned.

4 Comments:

At 10:12 PM , Blogger the queen said...

Snort! Dad tried to feel you up.

I married the first guy who didn't keep trying every five minutes too.

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger Queen_Mum said...

That's better than marrying the first guy who asked you as I did.

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger Shirley Abt said...

Hi Queen_Mum

arizladybug here. I never blogged before, not sure it is correct way. Enjoy reading your blogs. So sorry about all you are going through. It seems there must be an answer to these problems somewhere.

 
At 9:34 AM , Blogger Queen_Mum said...

Welcome to Blogville! The most difficult part is over. Now you know why I stopped emailing. Keep posting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home