Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I've been reading blogs lately.
At first I just read Q's blog. Then blogs that linked to hers. Then MS blogs. Then Great Britain. Then disability. What placed a big black DOOMED on my forehead was when I began reading the archives of my favorites. And these folks post daily!

One of my saddest days was when I realized I had read every word my favorite English fiction authors had written. Now reading The Perorations of Lady Bracknell and Charles Dawson's blogs every day gives me something to mull on. They are so real to me I lap up each bowl of words like one of their kittens.

What this does is make one feel that others say it better. And with more acerbic eloquence. So once a week is all I am motivated to write. Until I've read every blog on everything and the subsequent comments.

3 Comments:

At 2:48 PM , Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

The Queen Mum being one of the very few bloggers whose writing makes her laugh out loud, Lady Bracknell cannot agree that "others say it better".

Indeed, Lady Bracknell has often envied those who have the gift of brevity - a quality of which she herself is sadly devoid.

 
At 3:31 PM , Blogger Queen_Mum said...

You write with such amiability and condescention I dreamed of gifting you with my first born son. Sadly you surmised his one flaw: he is wriggly. So the match cannot be made.

How many dynasties have been prematurely toppled due to that pesky wriggle factor!

 
At 4:35 AM , Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

It was a very generous and thoughtful gesture, and much appreciated.

Unfortunately, Lady Bracknell has a regrettable tendency to become just the teensiest smidgen irritable and unwelcoming should the relatively pain-free position she has managed to obtain be disturbed by a gentleman who simply can't lie still.

It also occurs to Lady Bracknell to wonder whether the gentleman in question would have been entirely willing to be so gifted...?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home