Friday, August 04, 2006

I lost six pounds since my May visit to the internist. But I'm still 24 pounds over my usual 110 fighting weight. Most of that is located in my neck wattle, rear and wherever the water hides out that swells my feet at night. Q accompanied me to the appointment. Being with her is fun. The valet parker was so enchanted he positively flew to fetch the car. He waited by the drivers side while she loaded me in. Held her door open and murmured "Have a nice day."

Before she went on to work she made salmon salad, folded the laundry and cleaned the refrigerator gasket where something sticky had oozed out during the power outage.

"Bleak House" has an old guy who sits in a settle by the fire. He sinks deeper and deeper into the chair until he is forced to call out to his daughter, "Shake me up Girl. Shake me up." And she grabs him by his clothing and shakes him vigorously. Sometimes I feel like that old guy. Then Q shakes me up, bless her, and I make it through another meltdown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home