Tuesday, October 24, 2006

One of my favorite breakfasts is soft boiled eggs on buttered toast.

Place an egg in a pan of cold water and bring to a "Full Rolling Boil". ( I can still hear my mother's voice as she gave me instructions.) Turn off the heat and set the timer for three minutes. Then place the egg under cold water until cool enough to touch. Tap the middle of the shell to halve the egg. With a spoon scoop out the contents on the toast.

This has always been tricky for me to do using only one hand but lately is full of frustration. I burn my fingers and the shell gets into the egg. So I stopped eating them. Then Sunday I soft boiled three eggs and had Q carefully remove the shells and refrigerate them whole. Today I took one out and microwaved it with a little butter. It was quick and the yellow was still soft and I didn't make a mess.

When you hard boil an egg and store it in the refrigerator you make faces on them with a marker so you know raw from cooked. But peeled eggs just lie there looking naked and shivery. There's always a downside to mass production.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home