Sunday, May 06, 2007

Hosta La Vista Baby


I'm feeling quite smug about posting these garden pictures from 1995. Todays picture is of the shady side. The birch tree is now blighted by some disease that caused removal of six larger birch trees out front in 1991. This one will just have to rot or blow down. There are no wires or valuables beneath it.

The Hosta Negrens has been separated many times and shared with friends. As hostas go this is a big variety. It isn't as tasty to Brer Rabbit and is still alive. Painted Japanese ferns,astilbe and bleeding heart were in this circle surrounded by miniature daffodills. I haven't ventured down there in three years so I'm not sure what remains.

i spent a decade crawling around this bed trying to achieve a look that equaled the catalogues. Never happened. But it did give me interests and exercise.

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM , Blogger ~~Silk said...

When I look at my yard, this is what I see in my mind. Peace and beauty.

'Tain't never gonna happen, Baby.

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger Queen_Mum said...

Beginning cataracts help too,Silk.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home