Thursday, May 03, 2007

What Is Going On?

I'm trying to figure out why I don't have time to blog. My conclusion is I start out reading blogs. I like them and go back and read their archives. They link to other blogs so I read those and their archives and so it goes. I know more about these people than my own relatives. I would sooner comment on a blog than answer a personal email.

In the UK there is a site where folks with disabilities write about the subject every May. I am spooked by this because there are some politically incorrect attitudes about disability I have that I never thought of.

When I was 13 people said hurtful things: "You used to be pretty before you had polio" but I never challenged them. It was what they thought. I preferred words to sad eyes. I can't get mad at ignorance.

One of the things I don't understand is why disabled friends want to have the world revamped to include us. There are lots of places I can't go so I don't. This attitude infuriates disabled activists who want access to everything. Presently I'm having to rethink everything I do in this house to keep it accessible as I decline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home