Monday, November 06, 2006

The Christmas breakfast won't take place this year. We may replace it with a Spring brunch. The weather is so unpredictable here. Ice storms can begin in November as well as freak snowstorms. I don't mind canceling but I hate the phoning and agonizing over what to do.

Dan made a wood one-dimensional slat tree for over the fireplace. There are hooks for ornaments and lights. Every year Q gets it out of the garage and uncovers it and plugs it in. In a twinkle it's Christmas. There is a star that hangs out on the porch every year. It is garish and ostentatious but the little girl across the street looks forward to seeing it. So that goes up at Thanksgiving.

Since I stopped cooking Q and Gary bring Chinese carryout and play Dominoes with me for Thanksgiving. My family seldom had a festive meal then. One year there was a pot of Great Northern beans and ham hocks. No wonder I don't make a big fuss about the holidays. But this year I have a present for Q that tickles me. That's what makes it good. The giving part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home