Wednesday, November 01, 2006

It took 70 feet of cable for Pricey Plumbers to unclog my kitchen sink. Because this is a slab house it was necessary for "Lance" to go on the roof to run the auger. My job was to watch the water in the sink and shout out the window when it started to drain.

I've never helped a plumber before and was happy to assist by watching the water. Unfortunately the "big whooshing sound" I was assigned to report on did not happen. But somehow the blockage was disturbed enough that water began to drain. So $205 later the dishwasher could be turned on and the filthy sink scrubbed up.

I resent the time Lance spends going back to his truck for supplies while my meter is running. Plus his bathroom breaks and use of paper towels. Then the 15 minutes he spends calculating the bill. I would like one day to set the timer when actual work starts and ends minus the looking-busy-work. But that day will never come.

I can't waste my Gypsy Curse Powers on plumbers. I need to center all my power on people who refuse to allow stem cell research. What are they thinking? They and all their progeny are doomed to a diseased future. Doomed.

1 Comments:

At 7:13 PM , Blogger the queen said...

Poor Jenna and Barbara Bush. Well, the sins of the fathers...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home