Saturday, November 04, 2006

I've always paid for what I bought. If I couldn't pay cash for it I did not get it. When I got a new car I immediately began saving for the next car. I never took a vacation on credit. Couldn't have enjoyed myself.

But I have friends who dine out on credit and lease cars and vacation at time share condos. They delay no gratification. They seem to be enjoying life without creditors hounding them for payments. I don't get it. Why would you want to pay 20% interest to indulge yourself now when you could wait awhile and buy the same pleasure with cold cash?

When I was first married I swept the carpet with a broom. I saved green stamps for a year to redeem for a vacuum. When I almost had enough my mom appeared with a vacuum. I was appreciative but my heart was disappointed. My goal was pulled out from under me. I took the books of green stamps to the redemption store and ended up with a large mirror with an ornate frame. I still have it and when I look in it I see someone taking my dream away and replacing it with their own. Nothing wrong with that but we need to be able to set goals and reach them without help. Or double diget interest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home