Saturday, May 12, 2007

Post-polio Weight Loss Plan

I've been reading disability blogs and everyone seems to be miserable in different ways. I guess people would rather live with their own discomfort than someone else's. I feel lucky not to have to deal with arthritis or toothache pain.

It's been four months since a request was made to Social Security for a device to attach to my wheelchair which will assist me in shoveling food in my mouth. When they deny me the device then and only then will my private insurance pick up 80% of the tab and send it to me.

Some think outraged calls should be made demanding action. But there is no point in being agitated. As long as I can spear food with a fork I can get it to my mouth so I won't starve. However, it's surprisingly messy to eat cake or cookies with a fork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home