Saturday, November 11, 2006

Getting through the week has been difficult. Even with lots of help it was discouraging. Buttoning a simple blouse took 25 minutes. Snaps aren't going much faster. Everyone recommends velcro but in my forest of velcro there is only one hand clapping. And, even if I could pull it apart, it gaps open. I can't put most things on over my head.

Q found some magnetic snaps like they use for purses and sewed some on yesterday. I can work them with one hand but they are pricey. $3.75 per snap. So we ordered some online. $1.70 each but shipping was $13. It takes at least four snaps to close a blouse.

Today I have on a one size fits all caftan. It has dark red roses on a leopard print. It's cold so I have over it a pink sweat shirt with two snaps fastened. I'm not wearing drawers. Cuts down on the struggle in the bathroom.

When my mom was old and lost weight she wouldn't buy smaller bras and kept falling out the bottom of her old bras. "Why even wear bras?" I complained. "I'm no chippy!" she flashed back.

2 Comments:

At 5:54 AM , Blogger Becs said...

I saw a beautiful jacket with those magnetic snaps. I think it's genius. Hope it works.

 
At 12:17 PM , Blogger Queen_Mum said...

We ordered a jacket online in July. Sadly, the heavy duty magnetic snaps are too powerful to pull apart. It cost $60 so it hangs decorates the closet while I grow another hand.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home