Saturday, November 18, 2006

I've been watching "Six Feet Under" on the Bravo channel every Monday. This morning I turned the television on while I ate my cereal and there was a marathon so I watched some of it again. I was amazed at what I had not attended to.

Part of the problem is I don't always watch the set. I have it on while I'm unloading the dishwasher or the microwave is humming. If I am quiet I get impatient with commercial breaks and jump around. That means I miss out on opening scenes. So I watched more attentively this morning.

Inevitably the neighborhood boys started with their blowers,suckers and scrapers and won the noise competition and I lost interest in recycling life in the funeral home. Now I'm looking forward to "Taxi Driver" which I have never seen and is being shown tonight. For someone who never watched tv or many movies I'm making up for it now.

When Dan was alive we never watched tv together. People thought this was strange. Dan would have labeled "6 Feet Under" as "goofy" as he headed out to the sports channel. Yet he was a man who in the sixties was hooked up to one of those ratings boxes that measure what tv you watch. He claimed he singlehandedly kept "Gilligan's Island" on the air its first season. Now THAT'S goofy.

2 Comments:

At 6:00 PM , Blogger Wolf Woman said...

The early episodes of Six Feet Under were my favorites. Toward the end it got dark and very stupid. I'm just sayin'. In case you decide to hang on and watch it again..... Don't bother to watch anything after the mother remarries. REALLY STUPID. :-)

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger Queen_Mum said...

Spoiler Alert! Mother marries? Well,at least you didn't mention the name. Could be some stiff they bring in later on. (Stiff. Hee.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home