Sunday, November 19, 2006

Today everybody is out of town. Partly due to Thanksgiving travel and other vacations. My East neighbors had a death in the family and will be gone to the funeral and wake. Death happens around the holidays and darkens them with shadows for years to come.

It has been nice having cell phone contact with Q & Gary while they are in Chicago. Gary jabbers away in the background while Q and I say "What? Can you repeat that?" Much like phone calls when they are home. There was an electrical fire at our airport the day after they left and it was a nightmare for travelers. Lucky for them they missed it.

I have been trying out my gifted electric chair and think I'm going to be very popular with my son-in-law. It eases back into a full reclining position and also up and out. All soundlessly and with a handheld remote button. For years I refused to let a recliner into my house but nowadays I'm more adaptable. My friends' husband and son carried it in with the most pleasant expressions on their faces. Like it was exactly what they wanted to be doing.

I enjoyed watching "Taxi Driver" last night and it was much different than I was expecting. They should destroy the music sound track. It didn't suit the movie to my way of thinking. "Prime Suspect" is on Masterpiece Theater tonight. I'm just loving tv lately.

2 Comments:

At 7:38 PM , Blogger the queen said...

What did you think of the violence? I saw it on tape and it amazed me. Most violent thing I ever saw, but it seemed vital, not excessive. They probably cut the violence for tv.

But I certainly can see how it would have influenced someone to try to kill President Regan to impress Jody Foster.

 
At 12:45 PM , Blogger Queen_Mum said...

Unlike most movie goers I don't believe what I see on screen is actually REAL. It's a movie. On screen gore doesn't shock me. I think they took the curse words out. Perhaps violence also.

And Jodie Foster might have been 12 but she did not resemble or act like a 12 year old.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home